saw 2 apartments, on the way to the 3rd
I've been running all over the city today, but finally got to see 2 apartments. I'm about to pick up Laura from her work if I can figure out how to walk there from the Hauptbanhof (main train station), where I stopped in an Internet cafe. Unfortunately I cant connect my camera now to show you pictures. The first was probably in a better area and in our price range, but its through this English-speaking rental company that will charge us 80% of a months rent just for putting us in contact with the landlord and nothing more. And though it was an English speaking service - neither of the landlords that I met with spoke much English, and so we ended up doing the tour in German anyway. The one this afternoon on Körnerstrasse, is directly through the owner or leaser and the tomorrow evening we will see another one like that.The weather is not like Florida - today its raining and in the 50s (12-18 deg C). Not exactly what I expected for the summer in Berlin.
By the way, if you notice I make some typing mistakes, the keyboards are arranged differently (for instance the 'y' and 'z' keys are switched).
I'm off to pickup Laura, then to the subway to Kurfurstendamm and on foot from there.
Wes

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home